• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LMXS30776S Evap Fan Inconsistent

Bepding

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776S/02
Brand
LG
Hello-

My wife noticed this morning our LG LMXS30776S/02 was not cooling correctly when she went to grab a freezer pack for my sons lunch and found a bunch of water and Luke warm items.

We had the compressor replaced under warranty 3 years ago, so I immediately checked the compressor and found it running normal and sounding healthy. As well as the condenser coils clean and condenser fan running as normal. I pulled the back panel off and found the evap with a normal amount of ice on the coils. However the evap fan would not come on.

I pressed the test button on the PCB and the evap fan immediately came on and the temp in the fridge started dropping immediately. After leaving the fridge unplugged for about 10 mins and cycling through the tests suddenly the evap fan worked under normal conditions. The only other thing I did was suck out a bunch of water in a pan under the condenser coils. I don’t think this fridge has any kind of float switch that would prevent operation does it and even if it did that would shut the compressor off I think not the evap fan. So I’m nervous because I found no obvious issue.

The issue seems electrical to me, I can get a new main board for $240. Should I just replace the PCB in case? Obviously I can’t see the evap fan with the covers on and I don’t want to constantly be wasting food but don’t want to waste $240 if it’s not necessary.

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.