• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LMXS30796S - left door no power

hanning

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30796S
Brand
LG
We noticed the ice and water dispenser stopped working on the left side door. At first, if we open and close the door a few time, they might become working again. But now they are completely dead. We realized it's not just the dispensers, but also the display panel. So I think it might be the power cord to the left door? Plus the ice maker is not making more ice now. I did pulled out the door switch on the top of the left door, and it still controls the lights inside the fridge just fine if I get it close to the magnet.

The right side door functions fine.

I also noticed that when I open the left door at certain angle, the display panel lit up. There's always a slight buzzing at certain angle, too.

I haven't looked into how to take the door apart. Looking for advices/suggestions of what to do next.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

hanning

Premium Member
:(

Thanks, Jake. I cannot find any image of what that part looks like. Are there any manual/instruction for replacing that part? I imagine I'll need to take many parts from the original door off, and put them on the new part?

Hanning

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Removing and replacing the left refrigerator door is located in your owners manual.

14 - Removing the Left Refrigerator Door
15 - Removing the Right Refrigerator Door
16 - Assembling the Right Refrigerator Door
17 - Assembling the Left Refrigerator Door

I'm attaching your owners manual below.

Attachments

• MFL69497002_1_ENG.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 102

hanning

Premium Member
The door assembly seems to be forever out of stock (probably due to pandemic?). So I'm looking at this video:
and wondering if there's any kind of electric/wiring diagram that might help me identify the broken wire/wires? I'm willing to open up the display assembly and do some voltage testing.

(I did find an excellent video on replacing the door:
. )

Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I wasn't able to locate the wiring diagram on this model, sorry.

Glad you found those videos.

Jake

Mamb

Premium Member
Hello Jake
Thanks for the video's.
I see the attempt to disassembly door isn't ideal, but I like the idea of running wire behind the gasket.
I will survey that tonight and put a plan together. Will be back hopefully with good news

Robert