• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LRFCS2503S Broken Ice Maker

kejo

Premium Member
Model Number
LRFCS2503S
Brand
LG
My LG ice maker has stopped working. So far I have replaced the water filter, and run through the troubleshooting steps recommended by LG. Filter change did not fix the problem. When I push the test button, the ice maker operates mechanically as it should. But at the end of the test procedure, when the tray has returned to position, there is a loud humming noise. But the tray does not fill with water. I assume the humming noise is a pump attempting to fill the tray, but no water. I have not yet pulled the fridge out to see if the line is blocked - but the icemaker was working fine until one day it just stopped working, so I don't think it's line blockage.

Note this is a French door model with a lower freezer. The ice maker is not in the door, it's down below in the freezer. Temp of the freezer is set at -4F.

I've contacted a parts place, they refused to give advice, and they did not have my model number on file, said they had no parts for it. I contacted LG, and all they would do is tell me to book a flat rate service appointment at $300.

Any thoughts out there on a DIY repair? Thx!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok sounds good.

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.