• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Refrigerator LSC27937ST slow ice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upatnoon

Premium Member
Model Number
LSC27937ST
Brand
LG
I have a 7-year-old LG side-by-side with an in-door icemaker that only makes ice a couple of times a day. The ice is in there, it just is not spitting it out.

This is the third time we have had this issue, so I have been down this familiar road of trying to diagnose the problem. In the end, I have replaced the icemaker, which immediately fixed the situation.

I am not a fan of replacing an icemaker every two years. The price of this part seems to have doubled as well. Is there a newer, more reliable part available? Is there some part of the icemaker itself that is failing that I can fix?

The rest of the fridge works. Makes ice in trays just fine.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Are you buying your ice makers as OEM and NOT Aftermarket? The aftermarket ice makers usually only last a couple years. The OEM ice makers last much longer.

Also make sure its always below 10 F. degrees in the ice maker compartment or the ice maker won't cycle the cubes out properly. I always take its temperature first before I do anything else. You can get a freezer thermometer, the RED-LIQUID style and Digital style are best to use. Most stores have them for under $10.00.

Here's the OEM ice maker for your model you can order:
AEQ36756912 Ice Maker Assembly,kit

Let us know how it goes if you decide to buy the OEM ice maker.

Jake

Upatnoon

Premium Member
Here's my update. Temps in my freezer are fine and I purchased the OEM ice maker.

I installed it and it has been making lots and lots of ice.

Since this is the third time I have replaced the icemaker, installation was a breeze. If someone is reading this who has never replaced an ice maker, fear not. The process is simple.

Hopefully, this one will last. It would be interesting to know what is causing these failures. Perhaps some plastic part inside is becoming stripped or worn out?

Anyway, thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.