• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Refrigerator LSXS26326S Frost Buildup - Freezer not cooling

neilr123

Premium Member
Model Number
LSXS26326S
Brand
LG
My LG LSXS26326S side-by-side freezer won't cool enough. It's cool, but doesn't freeze. The fridge side is fine. I saw some frost buildup on the inside, at the back of the freezer. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? The fridge is 6 years old. Compressor replaced two years ago. Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I saw some frost buildup on the inside, at the back of the freezer.
Remove the back panel inside the freezer and take a photo of your evaporator coil so we can see it.

Jake

neilr123

Premium Member
Was hoping you would reply, so thank you!

Just to make sure I understand, are you referring to taking the panel off from inside the freezer (opening the door, and taking the panel off), and not the back panel from the back of the fridge (taking the fridge out of the cabinet and taking it off)? Also, can you tell me how please? I am not the most handy, but I can follow directions and get the job done. Thanks!

neilr123

Premium Member
Also forgot to mention, the code F DH is also showing up (started today, but the freezer has been like this for maybe a week)

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, the back panel INSIDE the freezer. Rick and Mike both explain how to remove the back INSIDE the freezer.

Look at posts #14 and #15 here:

Also forgot to mention, the code F DH is also showing up (started today, but the freezer has been like this for maybe a week)
That is a Defrost Heater Error (dH F)

But take a photo of the evaporator first before we go into that.

Jake

neilr123

Premium Member
Thank you, I will plan to tackle it this weekend. I'll keep you posted.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

neilr123

Premium Member
I wanted to provide some closure in case anyone else has this issue. After escalating with LG they agreed to cover the full cost of the repair. The fridge is out of warranty, but second issue in two years.

When the appliance tech took off the panel inside the freezer it was a sheet of ice. The heating unit was broken, so he replaced it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, got it thanks!

On this model you have to order the complete evaporator assembly to get the defrost heater parts.

Here's the evaporator coil with the defrost sensor and defrost heater that comes with it:

Jake

neilr123

Premium Member
Thanks so this was interesting - when he replaced the heating unit...he removed the new heater from the coils and then wired it onto my fridge...is that odd to do?

neilr123

Premium Member
There's a twist in the story lol.....I was told to give it 24 hours....it's been 21 hours, so figure close enough....still the freezer is not cold enough, and the fridge is fine. In fact, the freezer is warmer than it was before (figure this is because now all that ice in the back is gone). The guy is coming back out tomorrow.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, then you may also have a sealed system problem as well.

Let us know what the tech finds.

Jake

neilr123

Premium Member
The guy doesn't want to take the doors off the fridge to move it out. So this should be interesting lol

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL, well he will need to at any rate to get to the root of the problem.

Jake