• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LSXS26366S/02 randomly dispensing water

Lms89

Premium Member
Model Number
LSXS26366S/02
Brand
LG
Good morning,

I have searched the forum for this problem which I see has happened with a few models but I didn’t see if anyone resolved the issue with my model. As said in the title, I have an LG LSXS26366S/02, and just a couple nights ago, it randomly dispensed water while my wife and I were sitting on our couch. Last night it happened again, probably 3 times within an hour. I locked it, nothing changed, it happened after that. And I unplugged and plugged it back in. Happened again after that. I turned off the ice maker and within that hour, it did not happen again. By this time it was late and I was worried it would happen while we slept so I turned off the water supply. No spooky water came out when I woke up this morning.

really would love help or insight! Maybe changing the water inlet valve out?? I appreciate any help or guidance!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
There’s three coils on the water valve, dispenser, ice maker, and isolation. When the ice maker is calling for water the ice maker coil and the isolation coil needs to be energized. Diodes on the board keep the dispenser coil from being energized at the same time. If the diode for the dispenser is bad, every time the ice maker calls for water it also comes out of the dispenser.

An easy way to check it is to take the two wire connector off of the dispenser coil and leave the other two on. If the problem no longer exists replace the main board. If the problem still exists with the connector off the coil, replace the water valve.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, Rick is correct--->Disconnect the electrical connector that go to it and see if it still randomly dispenses water, if so, then your water inlet valve is the problem.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model:
AJU34125555 Valve Assembly,water

Is there a way to tell which connector to remove? I don’t know if it’ll be detrimental if I remove the wrong one.
The big white one in this photo below:

Jake

Lms89

Premium Member
I unplugged the white connector and turned the ice maker and water line back on, and so far I have not see any water randomly dispense. So I am assuming that I will need to replace the main board. Can I get a part number for that?

rickgburton

Staff member
Sorry, that’s the wrong connector. That disconnects all three coils. I just wanted you to disconnect the one on the dispenser coil. It looks like now all the coils are hard wired. So we can’t do it the easy way. Locate CON3 on the board. Touch one meter lead to CON3-2 (blue) and touch the other lead to CON3-10 (red). This is the dispenser coil. Press the test button on the ice maker to start a harvest cycle. Your meter should indicate 0 VAC through the entire harvest cycle. If the voltage is correct (0 VAC) replace the water valve.

Lms89

Premium Member
Okay that should be easy enough. Is the main control board located behind the water/ice maker or is it behind the entire refrigerator?

Lms89

Premium Member
Behind the machine.
The back of my refrigerator has a straight flush panel. It does not have a little panel that I have seen a lot of other style LG’s to have that houses the control board. So do I need to remove the entire back panel?

Attachments

• 7A3A4FFC-3C31-47E8-8E74-42D0D0EBE805.jpeg
    7A3A4FFC-3C31-47E8-8E74-42D0D0EBE805.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 28

Lms89

Premium Member
Sorry, that’s the wrong connector. That disconnects all three coils. I just wanted you to disconnect the one on the dispenser coil. It looks like now all the coils are hard wired. So we can’t do it the easy way. Locate CON3 on the board. Touch one meter lead to CON3-2 (blue) and touch the other lead to CON3-10 (red). This is the dispenser coil. Press the test button on the ice maker to start a harvest cycle. Your meter should indicate 0 VAC through the entire harvest cycle. If the voltage is correct (0 VAC) replace the water valve.

Okay, so disregard last post. I found the main board on the top of the fridge. I turned the ice maker back on and found the connection points you mentioned. When we ran the harvest cycle, the meter went from 0 to 2.8 VAC. Does this mean my main board will need to be replaced?

rickgburton

Staff member
Any water from the dispenser? I don’t believe 2.5 VAC is enough to open the valve so the board is probably OK. When you use the dispenser does the water shut off immediately when the glass is removed?

Lms89

Premium Member
Well I have had the water line shut off and replaced the filter cause it needed to be so I had to purge it a bit before all the air was out and such. But once it went back to normal, it was delayed in stopping by like a couple seconds.

rickgburton

Staff member
Here’s what I think; The valve under the dispenser coil is stuck open. The isolation coil is keeping the water from flowing out of the dispenser. When the dispenser is calling for water, the isolation coil and the dispenser coil need to be energized to open the valve. With the dispenser part stuck open there’s really no way to tell if it wasn’t for the ice maker. When the ice maker is calling for water the isolation coil opens and the ice maker coil opens and water flows to the ice maker but because the dispenser part is stuck open water also flows to the dispenser. Every time the ice maker calls for water it also comes out of the dispenser.

Fridge man

Premium Member
I’m curious if this worked or if it was the main board? I’ve had the same issue with the same model fridge. I changed the water inlet valve once and it didn’t help. So I ordered a second LG certified water inlet valve just in case I had a faulty part and it’s still didn’t fix it. I assume replacing the main board is the answer but does anyone have confirmation of that or the part number

rickgburton

Staff member
Press the dispenser lever and check for 120 VAC on the main board CON3-10 (red) to CON3-2 (blue).

Fridge man

Premium Member
Ok this thing is driving me crazy. I’ve done the water inlet as I stated above. Paid a repair man $95 for him to tell me he would have done the same thing and he thought the part was bad. Order the second inlet installed and didn’t fix it. Then ordered a $300 main board and it still fires water on the floor! At this point it’s nearing cheaper to replace the thing, but any last ditch effort suggestions?

rickgburton

Staff member
OK, start from the beginning. Since you're piggybacking on this thread, first check your model number then give me a detailed description of the problem you're having. Give me the part numbers of the water valve and board you replaced. Where did hey come from?