• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Refrigerator LSXS26366S/02 randomly dispensing water

Fridge man

Premium Member
thank you sir

Model LSXS26326S

first valve was Amazon but the one on now is from Sears Parts Direct LG part. AJU34125555

main board is also sears parts direct. EBR789316. I do think mine is an 01 and your comment above is 02 I already had mine in the mail and it said it was the correct fit. I guess it’s possibly that that is the issue but just eyeballing it the one I received matches what I had and the picture you posted has one difference which I will post and circle

Fridge man

Premium Member
8AC5C6B3-5A84-479E-8733-A6E101E2CA31.jpeg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
OK, the correct part number for Model # LSXS26326S/05 is #EBR87145165. The correct part number for Model #LSXS26326S/01 is #CSP30020985
For model #LSXS26326S/00 is part #CSP30020886

Fridge man

Premium Member
Maybe that’s my problem then. I have the 00 and have EBR78931601. I’ll try again. Appreciate it!

Fridge man

Premium Member
Although the new one I put in seems to run the Refrigerator except for the exact same problem

rickgburton

Staff member
When looking or ordering a part always go by model number. Don't go by looks or even the part number on the old part as it may have been updated because of a problem. Then there's eBay and Amazon. Even with the correct part number there's a 50/50 chance it won't work.

rickgburton

Staff member
Does the dispenser dispense water when the ice maker is off? Is the dispenser dispensing water on its own or is it leaking water? If it is dispensing water on its own, how often?

Fridge man

Premium Member
No if I cut the icemaker off it doesn’t happen and it only happens maybe like every 30 minutes for a couple of second burst. And if I trigger a reset of the icemaker it fires. So I’m pretty confident that the issue is when the icemaker calls for water it shoots it out of the water dispenser instead of into the ice tray. But I thought it was a valve issue and changed that and then that it was an electronic issue and change the main board and none of that has helped.

I did find it a random small piece of plastic just a couple of inches long in the freezer laying there but I’m pretty sure it was just from a juice box from one of my kids and not a piece of hose that had fallen off.

rickgburton

Staff member
when the icemaker calls for water it shoots it out of the water dispenser instead of into the ice tray.
Instead of, or including into ice maker? What board do you have in there now?

Fridge man

Premium Member
Instead of, or including into ice maker? What board do you have in there now?
No water makes it into the ice maker. It’s like the icemaker calls for water but it Triggers the door instead.

I now have the original main board back in there but I’ve tried two different new ones including the part number that you gave me.

thanks

rickgburton

Staff member
It sounds like you have it wired wrong or a water line is connected to the wrong valve or wrong spot on the valve. Does it dispense water OK?

Fridge man

Premium Member
I agree that it seems like that but I’ve tried to check everything. I’ll start back at the start to explain.

we had never had an issue. Then one day my son got water out of it with no issues and 10 seconds later I got a glass of water and when I stopped the water didn’t. I Jiggled the button thinking it was stuck, I locked The panel, ultimately cut the water and the power. Water still ran until the entire reservoir was empty.

I figured the issue was the water valve so I changed it. The water worked fine and it seemed fixed but then this problem started.

i tried changing around the order of the hoses but the current configuration is the only way that the water works. I thought it may be wired wrong but all the wires go into plugs that have directionality so I can’t flip them or change anything. After this I called a repair man.

The repair man said he would’ve done what I did but figured I had a faulty part because I had got it from Amazon. Told me to order it from Sears parts direct which I did.

Putting on the new (second) water valve Left me with the same issue. Water dispenser works fine but if I unlock the icemaker that sprays water on the floor.

So then I figured it was an issue with the main board and I ordered one that sears parts direct said was for my fridge. I switched it out and everything else worked except I was still having this issue. I then ordered the part number that you suggested same result. I’ve now put back in the original board, The second new water valve is on there.

Thanks for all your feedback on this

rickgburton

Staff member
when I stopped the water didn’t. .......... ultimately cut the water
So water kept flowing from the dispenser until you turned the water off, correct?
I changed it. The water worked fine
You replaced the water valve and the water dispenser worked as it should. A while later the ice maker finished a harvest cycle and when it started the fill cycle, instead of water going into the ice maker, it came out the dispenser for about 7 seconds. Is that correct?

If that's correct, draw me a picture of your water valve and where the water lines go. You're correct about the wires on the valve solenoids so it can't be miswired. You didn't have this problem before you replaced the water valve and replacing the water valve fixed the dispenser problem. So basically you disconnected the water lines. replaced the water valve and reconnected the water lines. A second water valve resulted in having the same issue so we can assume the water valve is good. We already established it's not miswired. Guess what the only thing left is. LOL

Fridge man

Premium Member
Answer to the first question is Yes.
To second it is more like 2 seconds but yes that is the general idea.

Fridge man

Premium Member
I’ll let this be my diagram. Water comes in where the black cover is here.
First outlet on the left is a 5/16 running to the lower side of the fridge as seen in the first picture. I believe for the water reservoir

blue hose runs underneath the fridge to a coupler in the front. Assume this is the line to the ice maker.

the white topped outlet that is far right and underneath above is a 5/16 running to and from the filter.

the black topped outlet that is on top in this pic but actually sticks out to the side is a 1/4 hose running to/from the filter.

Fridge man

Premium Member
Sorry now I realize I don’t think this picture ever posted before which is what I was intending to be my diagram.

In comparison to your diagram I think I have the isolation running to the water coil. I feel like I switched the 5/16 ones before just to see if that was the issue but then the water dispenser didn’t work at all. But it is it possible that those two lines are flip-flopped