LG refrigerator not cooling enough (LFCS25663S)

guacat

Premium Member
Model Number
LFCS25663S
Brand
LG
Hi, I have an LG refrigerator model LFCS25663S that stopped cooling properly in both freezer and fridge.
Last year the linear compressor broke so I had to pay to replace it (linear compressor; terrible!). However the symptoms are a bit different this time; where as last time the freezer didn't get cool at all; this time the freezer gets colder after unplugging for a while and plugging it back in.
For example after plugging it back in it sometimes goes down to almost 8F after many hours. But the problem is that after a few hours more it will gradually it warms up again to above 30F. It seems like after cooling for a bit the compressor just doesn't turn on anymore. I've repeated this about 5 other times and it was the same pattern.
Could it still be a faulty compressor or something else?
I opened the back of the freezer to see the evaporator coils but everything seems to look OK while it's "working". There wasn't any unusual ice build up (pictures attached).
My theory (if it's not compressor) may be that the defrost engages and turns off the compressor and it never turns it back on. (this is just my guess I haven't verified anything yet nor do I know how).
Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
When it warms up to 30F is the compressor and fans still running? Or is everything dead silent?

Did you buy this refrigerator brand new?

Jake

guacat

Premium Member
Yes it was new (4 years ago) and yes I believe the compressor/fan stops; or at least it is a lot quieter. Though I do remember if I open the door and close it may come back on.

guacat

Premium Member
I want to add that the compressor/fan does come back on eventually on it's own as well but by that time the freezer has already warmed up quite a bit.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I'm not having any luck with your model number, please recheck it, nothing pulls up for LFCS25663S

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, I can't look up any part numbers.

So basically you will need to ohm test both thermistors, if they test good, then it has to be a control board problem.

Jake