LG Washer WT1101CW de error code

Pilgrim

Premium Member
Model Number
WT1101CW
Brand
LG
I have replaced the door switch and the board but still get de error?

Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks,
Leonard

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Check the connections to the lid switch and at the White 6-pin connector on the main board. Make sure none of the pins are backing out of the connector. If the connection is good, check the lead wire and replace it if necessary.

Pilgrim

Premium Member
Check the connections to the lid switch and at the White 6-pin connector on the main board. Make sure none of the pins are backing out of the connector. If the connection is good, check the lead wire and replace it if necessary.
Thanks for responding

"lead wire" ???

rickgburton

Staff member
That sounds like a bad connection or an almost broken wire. In the past I've found broken wires inside the wire insulation. Check the wires for continuity between the board and the door switch. Wiggle the wires when you're checking them. Look for places where there's a splice or a bend in the wires. A broken wire in the wire casing can be a bitch to find especially if it's intermittent.

Pilgrim

Premium Member
That sounds like a bad connection or an almost broken wire. In the past I've found broken wires inside the wire insulation. Check the wires for continuity between the board and the door switch. Wiggle the wires when you're checking them. Look for places where there's a splice or a bend in the wires. A broken wire in the wire casing can be a bitch to find especially if it's intermittent.
Thanks Will do

rickgburton

Staff member
I always pray for people that own an LG machine. I pray they never buy another one! The Surgeon General says owning an LG will shorten your life by 2 maybe 3 years

Pilgrim

Premium Member
The same issue arises with the original board and switch as well as the new board and switch. When the wash cycle is started we get the flashing de error code. If we just leave the washer alone with the de error code flashing, it will eventually start a wash cycle.

I have not been able to detect a time interval for the washer to start up after getting the flashing de code, nor have I been able to detect any external causation for the spontaneous starting of the wash cycle. I feel like I am being punked by some technological gremlin. The facts would indicate that there is something loose somewhere but it happens without any external influence and with the new components as well as the original components.

I have read somewhere in my travels, regarding this issue, that a faulty board could damage the door switch. So if I first replaced the door switch with negative results and then replaced the board with negative results… could the new door switch have been damaged by the original board if it were defective?

Is there any way to bypass the door switch on LG WT1101cw?

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

rickgburton

Staff member
I think your new board is bad. If you were having a problem with the door switch the machine would log a dL error. Check if the reed switch is closed when the lid is closed. It's Pins 4 and 5 in the door lock connector on the board (white wires)