• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Washer WT1101CW UE error, next step?

Coastie

Premium Member
Model Number
WT1101CW
Brand
LG
We have a 10 year old LG Washer WT1101CW that often (est 5 out of 10) gives us a UE error when on the rinse/spin cycle.
The machine then refills with water and tries to rebalance until it either eventually fails, or we can't take it anymore and interrupt.
It seems to never complete a full cycle if the UE error does happen, i.e. it never corrects itself.
Additionally after it fails and we stop the unit, and unplug it, hold the power button for 5 seconds then replug ... often if we then just select the SPIN ONLY cycle, it will also refill with water, again to try to rebalance, which seems odd.
It also threw a UE error on an empty TUB CLEAN cycle.

I have only ever used HIGH spin speed, and will try medium to see of that helps.

Visibly the washer is IN balance while spinning and the unit is stable and level.

I have replaced the suspension rods - no change
I have replaced the main control board - no change (possibly slightly worse UE frequency)
I have checked the rotor mounting nut and it is tight.

Since it is a common but intermittent, not constant problem, could it be the hall sensor?

What would the recommended next step be?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Usually its the main control board that causes this error, I'm attaching a service bulletin about this error code UE below, verify you have the correct software version on the main control board you just installed, on page 2.

This is the main control board for your model WT1101CW:
EBR76262102 PCB Assembly,main

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1t3InIW-hVpqqO3obahKs_2aBJbeoP-fX/view?usp=sharing

The service manual is very vague on this error code UE, look on page 34.

Since it is a common but intermittent, not constant problem, could it be the hall sensor?
That's usually a LE error code if the hall sensor is bad. You can test it on page 33 in the service manual, and check for a cracked rotor magnet, and test the stator.

Jake

Attachments

• WW_M20140393_10.pdf
    11 MB · Views: 73

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help!

Jake

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.