• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Washer WT5001CW couple of questions

corvairbob

Premium Member
Model Number
WT5001CW
Brand
LG
i have the WT5001CW machine.

question 1 is there a different agitator that fits this machine? i'm just not a fan of the flat one. it just does not seem to move the clothes around, it moves lots of water but the clothes just seem to set there. maybe one that is a bit higher or even the old fashion one that sticks up to the top and those even had lint catchers. this one i have yet to see the pet hair fall off my clothes like the old-time agitators did. the dryer catches more lint but my ole maytag got 90% of the hair and lint in the washer. if there is a tin filter i have yet to find it.

question 2
so i just added a load and used heavy duty with cold-cold and fabric softener and still i get about 4" of water in the tub. it will run and i see the clothes not getting flipped around to the point they even get all wet. i put it into bulky and it will fill more but i'm thinking that is because i stopped it and it is just going thru the start cycle again. so how do i get this machine to fill the tub more than 4" of water? or do i have to just use bulky to get more water?

oh one more question is there a way to make thiis machine agitate longer? on the old-time timers, i added a light-type timer switch to the machine nd used that timer to control the built-in timer motor. i could add up to an hour of was time but using that light type timer to turn off the timer motor for whatever time i wanted. i sure would like to have that ability to make this machine to run longer. for my real dirty work clothes.

thanks

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Those are good questions, but since I don't work on LG washers, I do not know.

Hopefully another tech or member can answers those for you.

Jake

corvairbob

Premium Member
ok today i did the wash again and once again only may be at most 4" of water. it just covers the agitator. this time I put it on heavy-duty and made sure it was cold cold water selected. i sure would like to get maybe 2 or 4 more inches of water lever. i hate that i can not select the water level. the towel i videoed agaitated 10 minutes before it finally went under the water.

if i do an add garments it will increase the level but i should not have to stand there waiting for it to start agitating before i stop it to add phantom garments. the next cycle i turned on the hot water valve once more and then i will see if setting the temp to warm will put more water into the tub. if so i will get a 1 onto 2 water, y adapter and hook both hot and cold to that y adapter and then see if that will make the machine think it is getting hot water and fill a bit more. hopefully, that will not set a fault with the machine then thinking it should be seeing hot water also

see the photos, the washer is running now and these are maybe 5 minutes apart and the towel is still dry the clothes can't get clean if they never get wet. so anyone have an idea? thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220506_072104.jpg
    IMG_20220506_072104.jpg
    522.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20220506_072416.jpg
    IMG_20220506_072416.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 61
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.