• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Washer WT5001CW Main board issue

Joe1120

Premium Member
Model Number
WT5001CW
Brand
LG
I've got a LG WT5001CW washer the main control board went on it. I replaced it and in less then a month it blew again. I noticed after I replaced it the first time the door was unlocking right after the final spin shut off. Before it would not unlock until it completely stopped spinning could have been doing that with the original board before it went but I didn't notice. The place I ordered it from sent another one replaced it washer runs the door still unlocks prematurely. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to why the board is blowing out before I lose this board. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd.

I've replaced many of these same boards and it always waited to unlock after the tub stopped spinning. Did you buy this board from a legitimate source? Not from amazon or ebay? There are way too many aftermarket ones on those sites and I don't trust them.

I always order from AppliancePartsPros and RepairClinic and never have a problem, and they both have a 365 day warranty!

Here's the main control board for your model:
LG EBR62198104 Pcb Assembly, Main

Jake

Joe1120

Premium Member
Hi Jake, thanks for responding. I purchased the board from PartSelect came with a 365 day warranty and is an original LG part. Before the original main board went the the door lock problem might have started but I didn't start keeping eye on the washer until after the original board died. When I put the new board in and started watching the cycle that's when I noticed the door problem. It originally would not unlock until it completely stopped spinning. Then that board went just shy of a month and I called PartSelect and they sent me another one free of charge. I put that one in yesterday the washer fired right up did a load of clothes and the door lock is still opens prematurely. I was wondering if the door problem was somehow connected with the main board frying problem or if its just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Joe1120

Premium Member
I forgot to mention that both times the main board died it was at the end of the wash cycle when it was done and the door should have unlocked. Both times the washer got done the final spin then the board went leaving the door locked had to pop the lid to get the clothes out.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Never seen that happen before Joe in my local area, but that may be the issue here in your case.

Here's the lid switch assembly for your model:
EBF61674802 Switch Assembly

Jake

Joe1120

Premium Member
I was thinking about getting a Lid switch but was afraid that's not causing the board problem. I already dumped $251 and change on the main board. If I spend $82 on a switch and the board goes again it can start to get expensive. They are probably not going to send me a second board under warranty if this one goes they will figure some thing in the washer is causing it. I will keep you updated to how things turn out. If you come up with anything else Jake let me know. Thanks

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes Joe, I see what you mean.

I don't have any other suggestion, sorry.

Jake