• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG washer WT5480CW leaking into tub

gr8ati2d

Premium Member
Model Number
WT5480CW
Brand
LG
Our washer performs fine and drains at the end of the cycle. If the washer sits for several days without use, I find water in the bottom of the tub with a very slow drip from, I think, behind the soap dispenser.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Your water inlet valve solenoid is not closing all the way, thus the continuous drip into the tub. You'd need to replace the water inlet valve to fix it.

When you click the part link to it below, you will see a video on how to replace it.

Here's the water inlet valve for your model you can order:
Water Inlet Valve AJU75152601

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

gr8ati2d

Premium Member
Hi Jake:

Thank you so much !! One more question. In other laundry room, we have Samsung dryer that stopped getting hot. I ordered a heating element that came as a kit with with a thermostat , thermal fuse, etc. we replace everything. Reinstalled and the dryer heated and ran great for 3 week. While drying clothes, my husband heard a slight 'pop' and it no longer dries. Was it a bad part, or did we do something wrong? we live in a rural area where it is very hard/long wait to get Lg and Samsung service techs - hence, the attempt to repair ourselves. Every so grateful if you have an idea about this, too.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You need to start a new thread in the Samsung Dryer forum with your model number.

Jake