• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LG Washer WT7200CW OE Code

jgrosky

Premium Member
Model Number
WT7200CW
Brand
LG
Hoping for some ideas please! .....our washer gets stuck at the spin cycle and won't drain; accompanied by the OE code. I've removed the drain pump to check for obstructions and bench checked it for power. I've checked to make sure the drain hose isn't clogged or kinked; I've even cleaned it out, though there wasn't enough junk in it to be a problem. I thought maybe the main control board was possibly not giving voltage to the drain pump ( I grasped at that only because the wife said the washer controls had locked up on her and/or didn't respond); I replaced the main control board and still have the same issue. Anything else I should check? At my whits end, here.
Thanks

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

I found this here that I hope can help.

our washer gets stuck at the spin cycle and won't drain

Is the drain pump running?...getting power? No power and we likely have a control or wire issue. Power to the pump but no pumping is likely a pump issue.

Drain-Pump-5859EA1004F-01832458.jpg
LINK> Drain pump

Hope something here helps,

jeff sr.

jgrosky

Premium Member
Thanks for response, Jeff. I did find that info on the LG site. I put AC voltage to the drain pump when I had it out on the bench and it ran. Do you think I should put a voltmeter to the connector at the pump to see if it is getting voltage when the spin cycle starts? If it is not, I'm assuming the problem would be from the main control board; which I replaced. Thanks for the help,
Joe Grosky

jgrosky

Premium Member
I thought I saw somewhere that the lid lock switch could be a possibility. Did I read that right? If I can hear the lock engage (and lid physically seems to be locked) does that eliminate that theory?
Thanks again.

jeff1

Staff member
I put AC voltage to the drain pump when I had it out on the bench and it ran

Doesn't mean anything when it is not under stress like a tub full of water.

Do you think I should put a voltmeter to the connector at the pump to see if it is getting voltage when the spin cycle starts?

Yes.

If it is not, I'm assuming the problem would be from the main control board; which I replaced

Or a broken/loose wire between those....wire diagram -might- also help to tell you what else is between the pump and board.

I thought I saw somewhere that the lid lock switch could be a possibility

I didn't see that, but nothing should work if t he washer things to lid is open.

jeff sr.

jgrosky

Premium Member
Sooo.... it ended up being a broken wire at one of connectors on the two-wire harness for the pump. I removed the two connectors from the pump and disconnected the connectors from the main harness to the two-wire pump harness. I did a continuity check of both wires. The wire casings themselves looked good so I removed the plastic cover of the female connector to find that the wire had separated from the crimp. Too bad I didn't find this forum before I jumped to the wrong conclusion and bought a main control board and installed it.
Thanks for the help, Jeff!

jeff1

Staff member
Good catch!
Glad that was all it was :)
Thankx for the update.

jeff sr.

jgrosky

Premium Member
It was your tip about the loose/broken wire that sent me in the direction I went. Like I said, wish I had found this forum 4 or 5 days ago before I had a control board in the mail. 😆