• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG Washer WT7600HWA: leaking water into the drum

jon_roanoke

Premium Member
Model Number
WT7600HWA
Brand
LG
My LG washing machine in the past week started leaking water continuously at a medium speed drip into the drum from just under the water inlet. I don't think it is coming out of the blue inlet, but dripping from behind the white plastic it is attached to. I had just replaced the original rubber water hoses that connect to the supply bibs on the wall with braided steel hoses in the past 10 days, but am not sure how that could be related. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_8088.jpg
    IMG_8088.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 71

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

Normally when water is dripping into the washer when we are not using it....the fill valve is not 100% shutting closed and some water is weeping in through the valve = new fill valve time.

lg-valve-assembly-inlet-5221ea1008f-ap5244606_01_l.jpg
LINK> Valve Assembly,inlet

If you think the water is dripping off from behind that spout and not out of the spout would mean you will need to check the hoses and fitting to make sure they are not split and are secure.

jeff sr.

jon_roanoke

Premium Member
Thanks Jeff! Am I correct that even if the water is dripping from behind that spout and not out of the spout, that the fill valve is still an issue, because with a properly functioning fill value, there should not be water flowing through the valve and into a potentially split hose in order to leak? Again, very much appreciate the advice. Jon

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Am I correct that even if the water is dripping from behind that spout and not out of the spout, that the fill valve is still an issue, because with a properly functioning fill value, there should not be water flowing through the valve and into a potentially split hose in order to leak?

Yes, correct.

jeff sr.

If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.