LG WM2150HW error code TE

gordiel

Premium Member
Model
WM2150
Brand
LG
Hello;

working on this LG front load washer with a "TE" error. I have measured the thermister at 69 ohms and the heating element measures good. Anyone have any ideas on what i might be looking for on this. Thanks - Gordie

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi gordiel,

WM2150 HU does not pull up as good.

Are you sure its not a WM2150HW?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Thanks!

It sounds like you may have a faulty thermistor. tE is the error code for thermistor error on LG manufactured machines. The most common cause for this error is loose or corroded wire connections. Check the wire connections on the heater and thermistor. If they check good, measure the resistance of the heater. It should measure between 12Ω and 18Ω. The thermistor is located on the heater bracket and should measure about 53KΩ-55KΩ.
(click to enlarge)
LG- 796.xx Thermistor.jpg

I have measured the thermister at 69 ohms
Sounds like Its reading too high. See what it reads at 86 degrees.:)

Here's the heating element for your model(which includes the new thermistor too):
Heating Element AEG33121501

Let us know what you find.

Jake

gordiel

Premium Member
Hi Jake;

I will do Jake !! Thanks for that!! Wile i have your attention Jake - I need a complete LG shift actuator for an LG top load washer . I have the actuator itself (ACP7929002) but no coupling (MCJ61861201) and have yet to find a part number for the spring . Do you know of a complete assembly number on this?? Another fly in the ointment is i dont have a model number on the machine :( Thanks for anything !!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I need a complete LG shift actuator for an LG top load washer . I have the actuator itself (ACP7929002) but no coupling (mcj61861201) and have yet to find a part number for the spring . Do you know of a complete assembly number on this?? Another fly in the ointment is i dont have a model number on the machine Thanks for anything !!
Without a model number, I have no clue, sorry.

Also ACP7929002 pulls up nothing.

WAIT, Is this what you need: 4323EA2001C Coupling Assembly

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
No, I haven't installed this part, I don't know if the spring is included. You can ask them there, they have a Question and Answer Section at that part page.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Gordie, sounds good.:)

Jake