• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG WM2487HWMA questions after spider/bearing replacement

EJFudd

Premium Member
Model Number
WM2487HWMA
Brand
LG
I have a LG WM2487HWMA washing machine that I just replaced the spider and bearings and it has a couple of minor issues:

The door light does not shut off unless the machine is in a wash cycle. Basically if power is applied to the machine the light is on, unless it is actively washing. It also turns of during the QC test.
What is the normal operation for the door light? When is it on and when is it off? It's also confusing that the service manual's wire colors are backwards from what I actually have.

Second, during the QC test, the frequency for the bleach inlet valve shows as 0, but the valve is opening and closing. Is my control board messed up?

Finally, my control board is EBR38163302 which is not available anywhere any more. The 6871ER1062G control board also is shown for my model of machine though the connectors look like they are in slightly different places.
Does anyone know if the 6871ER1062G can be used in place of my board?

Other than that the machine works fine. Thanks for any responses.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

EJFudd

Premium Member
Thanks for the reply. Looks like I'm out of luck since my control board is impossible to get. I guess I'll just have to camp out on eBay and hope one shows up.