LG WM5000HVA leaking during drain cycle

thesawisthelaw

Premium Member
Model Number
WM5000HVA
Brand
LG
not sure what the root cause is, however according to

I should be replacing the drain pump and the tub to pump hose.
I only want to do this once - what else should I replace while I am at it ???
the machine works flawless otherwise - just this leak and it only leaks during the drain cycle !

on https://www.appliancepartspros.com/cabinet-door-parts-parts-for-lg-wm5000hva.html
it is part numbers pump K340 and hose K520

LG part numbers are
pump : AP5328388
hose : AP4436407

is there a rebuild kit ? or a recommendation from the pros here what else I should address in terms of Preventative Maintenance while I have it open ???

thanks in advance for your replies !!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

thesawisthelaw

Premium Member
I did some more digging and got the borescope out.
I found it does NOT just leak during the drain cycle and also found that the gasket
was in abysmal condition - I removed the gasket

and cleaned it and believe to have found evidence that it was leaking from there.

the whole gasket is $145 and then I would want to replace all the rubber hoses connecting to it as
well as whatever else I could find - not sure if it is worth it. might put it aside, buy a new one
and then fix it when I get time and use it at work for my gym clothes every morning...

I cannot even find the rubber hose that connects to the drain hole / nipple on the gasket bottom.
I think that is where it could all be coming from, but again once I stuck my head in there I saw that there
is 348 places where it could be leaking from.

after cleaning the gasket itself, all the inlets as much as I could I ran it again and it still leaks...

thesawisthelaw

Premium Member
I ordered the gasket, so I am off down the rabbit hole - will start gathering parts, if anyone has any other ideas what could be leaking...
I will replace it all.

thesawisthelaw

Premium Member
well, what can I say - I am just now one to give up easily.

could it be as simple as all come from here ?

1566691112314.png

this is the rubber piece that connects to that - it had some rust damage on the fastenener :

1566691167994.png

1566691195871.png

this is what the gasket looked like AFTER cleaning it for an hour with a 1:4 bleach to water solution and a toothbrush,
so that part is already ordered - i cannot find the parts in the diagram that attach to this like the little ruber hoses picture above (there is one on the left and on the right and on top) and the fasteners,
can anyone help with this ??? would be much obliged.

1566691300840.png

and last but not least question - if you had to buy one more washing machine that should last you the rest of your life ?
which one would it be ?

thanks in advance for your replies !!

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
LOL Rick, Washboard and Wringer style. I haven't seen one of those in quite awhile.:)

thesawisthelaw: Its looks like its possibly K512 here:
But there isn't a photo of it unfortunately.

Jake