• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LG WT5001C OE code and drain issues

bdittman33

Model Number
WT5001C
Brand
LG
My LG WT5001C top load washer gave an OE code 2 days ago during a large and heavily soiled load. The load eventually completed, though it took extra time and there were periods of incomplete draining of the tub (bulky bedding setting). Since then, I have run 5 other loads and all have had delayed finishes. When the cycle is supposed to drain, it often spins very slowly with either no pump activity or the pump runs in bursts rather than draining in one go.

There have been 2 other OE error codes, but eventually the water drains. It seems that the pump runs but not all the time that it should. When the cycles do finally get into final spin it sounds like some water remains in the bottom of the unit (but not visible in the wash tub).

I checked the drain hose, the pump housing, the pump inlet and outlet hoses and all are clear. Is it likely that something is clogged between the inner and outer tubs/drum? Or is it more likely that I have developed a control panel/circuit board issue? The washer is 9 years old. Thanks!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Remove the electrical connector from the drain pump, then get a multimeter and put your meter probes in each electrical connector and see if you get a contant 120 volts when its in the drain cycle, if so, then your drain pump is the problem.

Here's the drain pump for your model you can order:
5859EA1004E Pump Assembly,drain

Jake