• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LGEF3045KFE Oven preheats very slowly

Packersfan90

Premium Member
Model Number
LGEF3045KFE
Brand
Frigidaire
Hi all, looking for some possible fixes for my Frigidaire gallery electric oven. At the moment the bottom bake element does not work, I have since replaced it but it still does not heat at all. I checked all the connections going from the electronic control board and everything seems to be getting power. Each line going from the control board to the element has power but when i check the element while it is heating it says no voltage is being supplied. If anyone has any info that could help I'd greatly appreciate it. The model number is LGEF3045KFE.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

If the bake element is new, then the only other part left is the clock oven control board.

Here's the clock oven control board for your model you can order:
Frigidaire 5304495520 Kit

If you have a multimeter, on the back of your clock oven control board: put one meter probe on L2 OUT and the other meter probe on BRL when you have the broil cycle turned ON, you should get 240 volts.

Then put one meter probe on L2 OUT and the other meter probe on BA when you have the bake cycle turned ON, you should get 240 volts.

If you don't get 240 volts on either bake or broil or both, order the clock oven control board kit I posted the link to above.

Are your top surface burners working good?

Jake

Packersfan90

Premium Member
Ok I've checked the lines from the board before but I don't recall if it got 240 or not. If I touch the line out to the associated side of the bake element I should be getting 240 volts from one line or should both lines be giving off 120V? Also to answer your question the top burners all work fine and the broiler glows red but the bake element never changes color during the heating cycle. Thanks for all your help,

Ethan

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't understand what your saying.

If you are volt testing at the bake element terminals, then across both terminals you should get 240 volts, if not, then volt test at the clock oven control board like I mentioned above.

I'm fairly sure the problem lies in the clock oven control board, if everything else is working fine.

Jake

Packersfan90

Premium Member
Ok so I checked today what you were talking about, I am attaching a picture of the three lines that I checked. According to the wiring diagram from the oven the orange line is the L2 OUT and the yellow line is the bake element connection, when the bake cycle was running it was getting 0V. I also checked the blue line which is the broiler connection and when the broiler kicked on during the bake cycle it read at 250 V. Based on these findings I would assume that the board is no good as you stated above. I just want to make sure I checked the right lines before I order a new part. Thanks so much for your help,

Ethan 20170719_101523.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
when the bake cycle was running it was getting 0V.
Yes Ethan, That confirms your clock oven control board is bad.

The new clock oven control board I posted the link to above will definitely fix it.:)

Jake