FIXED LGGF3043KFR Frigidaire Gallery Oven/Range Wild Fluctuations in Temperature

DanaJo

Model Number
LGGF3043KFR
Brand
Frigidaire
We have had our appliance for about three years, but we travel for work and are gone from home more than we are here. Initially I noticed that the time it took the oven to preheat varied. I hadn't really done any serious baking in it until this past holiday, when I noticed that any fowl I tried to cook was never fully done. I hung an oven thermometer inside and monitored my temp. When set on 350 it would preheat to less than that, more than that and dead on. Each venture was never the same. Usually the oven temp is much lower than my setting, but today was almost 150 degrees more! This oven/range is a propane conversion, so I was wondering if the regulator on our tank may have something to do with it, or might it be the internal temp sensor in the oven itself. Thanks, for any and all help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Measure the resistance of the oven sensor. At room temperature (70*F) the sensor should measure about 1050 to 1100 ohms.

Here's the oven sensor for your model:
Temperature Sensor 316490003

[video=youtube_share;vWJOLFW2aw0]https://youtu.be/vWJOLFW2aw0[/video]

How does the propane gas flame look, what color? Normal is the flame is mostly blue, not yellow. And also the flame should not come out past the burner shield.

Jake

DanaJo

I will try this tomorrow and get back with you. I'll take a look at the flame as well, we changed the nozzles out ourselves to convert it from natural gas to propane. I just don't understand why that would allow the oven to be under temp one day then way over temp the next. Thank you for your reply, I'll let you know what we find.

Last edited:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, that is kinda odd, did you also turn the oven burner orifice hood clockwise so its snug?

Look at #4 here:

geconversion2.JPG

Jake

G4H

Premium Member
Our range has the exact same problem. We are on LP too. I measured the resistance in the temp probe and it is 1078 ohms at 70° F.

What was the outcome of DanaJo's problem? It is frustrating to have an oven that is all over the place. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

He never came back to update us.

Do you have the exact same model number LGGF3043KFR?

Click here: Appliance Parts

Then you will see a link that says: How to find a model number.

Jake

G4H

Premium Member
Jake, thanks for the reply.

We have the exact same model number. I did readjust the air shutter. Your attached picture got me thinking about it. When I initially converted it to lp I set the flam as I would an oxyacetylene torch. Meaning I set the flame so it was completely blue. After some research o found out that the flame tips should just start to yellow a bit.

Ran some more tests yesterday and it seems to be holding the set temp (350°) on a couple of different occasions. Have not tried any other temps yet. At this point in time it is still not up to the set temp when the preheat is done, still have to wait a little bit longer.

I would not think the flame setting would have such an impact on what the temp probe senses.

We will monitor see how the flame setting affects other set temps and see if it is more consistent.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
After some research o found out that the flame tips should just start to yellow a bit.
Yes, your exactly correct.:)

Let us know how its working after you've used it a few times for baking.:)

Jake

G4H

Premium Member
I just wanted to provide an update on our oven temperature fluctuations after readjusting the flame.

The oven does come up to the set temperature pretty consistently. It is greatly improved. We do have to wait longer than the programed preheat time. Once up to temp, it does pretty good holding it.

I hope this helps you one else out there troubleshooting a similar problem.