• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LGHD2433KM1 Frigidaire Dishwasher leaking at bottom

Dem29

Premium Member
Model Number
LGHD2433KM1
Brand
Frigidaire
Frigidaire dishwasher is leaking at bottom of dishwasher in troft. I replaced the bottom seal. Model # LGHD2433KM1 I replaced the door seal the plastic tabs at the bottom of door gasket. I also did the bottom seal. I ran the dishwasher for 15 min. and it still leaks. I remove the front door panel and ran the dishwasher you could see filling up with water. Don't know whats causing this problem. Dishwasher only 4 to 5 yrs old.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Leaking in trough? Not on the floor?

Jake

Dem29

Premium Member
starts in the trough and then goes onto the floor. replaced the bottom seal still leaks. It takes about 15 min or so than goes over the trough onto the floor. I also have a problem when you open the door the springs squeak when the door is open. I removed the cables from the springs and you can open the door and it is quiet. When you put the springs and cable back on. The squeaking starts all over again. Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this Frigidaire dishwasher.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
That's very odd it takes 15 minutes for it to start leaking, when it leaks at the 15 minute mark open the door and see if its oversudsing, if so that's the problem.

You can use WD-40 silicone lubricant spray on your door springs to stop the squeak.

Jake

Dem29

Premium Member
The dishwasher isn't oversudsing. I took the front panel off where you can still close the door and you can see after 15 min that the trough start filling up with water. Its really something to see how can this happen when all the seals are new. I think the bottom seal doen't stay in place very well. the only thing holding it in place is the door panel and the inner panel. It has a slit that your suppose to start it right hand corner push it in place. There is nothing else that holds it place. seems like this seal never stays in place. This is the second dishwasher that I had identical problems? Never have problems with other dishwashers. Strange

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
This is very odd, it should not be leaking.

Did you try and raise the front legs a little higher so the water will not leak onto the floor?

Jake