• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LGN1000PQ0 Whirlpool Gas Dryer Timer Won't Advance in Auto Dry Mode, But Burners Go ON in Timed Mode

mjj

Premium Member
Model Number
LGN1000PQ0
Brand
Whirlpool
I have a Whirlpool gas dryer, model LGN1000PQ0. The timer won't advance in Auto Dry mode and the burner does not go on. But in Timed mode, the timer advances and the burner does go on. I checked the internal bias/cycling thermostat, high limit /205C thermostat, and the thermal cutoff (the thermostat-like device inline with the high limit thermostat) and all have continuity at room temperature. Is the issue my timer? Is there anything else I can check?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Hi,

The timer won't advance in Auto Dry mode and the burner does not go on. But in Timed mode, the timer advances and the burner does go on.
Definetly check/ohm the heat contacts as per the wire diagram that comes with the unit.....no heat in auto and the timer will not advance, timed dry doesn't care and will still advance.

If needed:

Timer-3976584--00821589.jpg Dryer timer Manufacturer Number 3976584

jeff.

mjj

Premium Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Sorry, I'm not an electrician or tech. Wh
t do the TM-WB, TM-OR, BK-BU-V, BK-BU, and BK-R refer to?

mjj

Premium Member
ah, newbie question -- those are the terminals on the timer itself! So TM-WB means measure continuity between TM and WB terminals? But what do I measure for BK-BU-V?

jeff1

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Can you post a copy of your diagram? Couldn't get one this am to work for me.

BU is blue, BK is black , R is red, etc.

Example only:

inglisnewstyle-diagram.JPG

BK to BU is motor.
BK to R is heat

jeff.

mjj

Premium Member
LGN1000PQ0 Wiring Diagram.jpg
This is the LGN1000PQ0 wiring diagram. Please explain how I should meaure the continuity on the timer pins, especially where it lists three pins (example: BK-BU-V).
Also, my wife noted how, though the burner does go on with timed drying at first, it does not stay on, and the clothes just tumble without heat after a minute or so with the burner on. Is that still consistent with a timer issue, or is another part the issue?