LGUS2642LF Frigidaire refrigerator won't operate

UNNRE4LL

Premium Member
Model Number
LGUS2642LF
Brand
Frigidaire
Hello, hoping to get some guidance. I have a LGUS2642LF frigidaire side by side refrigerator. When I plug it in, I hear the icemaker mechanism making noises like it's working, but nothing else does. No compressor, no other sounds, no light inside and the control panel has no power.

I checked the power cord, no kinks or doesnt appear to be damaged. No loose wires in the back. I took off compressor run relay and shook it to hear a rattle, no rattle. I ordered a multimeter to check y outlet just in case but I have a mini fridge connected to it without any issues. I did unplug before plugging in this fridge. No fuse on my breaker was tripped.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Follow the power cord to the board and measure the voltage. If it's 120 VAC the board is bad.

UNNRE4LL

Premium Member
Replaced the board and that worked. Thank you for the advice.

Now what's happening is I hear a click then compressor kicks on, 5 seconds later then another click and compressor stops running.

I did some research and test the prongs of the compressor where the relay is located. All 3 prongs gave me an ohms reading on my multimeter which seemed to be a good sign.

I ordered both the run capacitor and relay as I read that's the issue. Replaced both and it's still doing the same thing. I cleaned the coils with compressed air, the fan is working as well. I don't understand why the compressor won't stay on. Any ideas?