• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED Lights on doesn't work properly GE Dishwasher GDWT668V00SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloroxmartini

Premium Member
Model Number
GDWT668V00SS
Brand
GE
Just replaced the tub gasket and ran it and the dishwasher ran fine. A day later, when I close the door, all it does is fill the tub with water, won't run properly.

When I close the door I can hear a click (the dishwasher is a quiet running dishwasher), like something is engaging, but not the washing of the dishes. I opened the door and bailed water, tried again, still didn't work, filled to almost overflowing, so bailed water again.

Buttons are across the top of the door. There is an on/off button to the right, and several setting buttons to the left, and an operating indicator light on the front of the door (green/yellow). They all work.

When I turned off the on/off button and shut the door, the dishwasher power drained, which is nice, I didn't have to bail water anymore.

I returned the next day and tried it all again getting the same results.

I cannot find any trouble shooting guide that addresses this issue so trying to find out what's wrong with it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Try to run it in service mode, your tech. data sheet tells you how. The tech. data sheet should be located either inside the control panel or down at the very bottom behind the bottom access panel.

Usually when the machine won't run a cycle but will run in service mode the problem is with the control module.

Here's the control module for your model:
Control Module WD21X10517

In case you can't locate yours, Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N5iqBZmg2_YogWQQZC0eC79hmfkfRUio/view?usp=sharing

Service Mode is on page 37.

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, sounds good.

Jake

cloroxmartini

Premium Member
I let the unit fill the tub a little then put it in service mode. I operated the main pump and it worked, spraying water inside the tub. I then operated the auxiliary pump and drained the unit. I too the unit out of service mode and it reverted back to the original error.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Then the control module is the culprit.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I posted the link to the control module in post #2 above.

Let us know how it goes after you replace it.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent @cloroxmartini glad to hear the new control module fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

Status
Not open for further replies.