• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

LMHM2017ST LG Microwave In-door display erratic

jmlalley3

Model Number
LMHM2017ST
Brand
LG
How do I get the door apart to replace the display. It occasionally gets very dim. This is fixable by pressing the upper right corner of the screen firmly. It stays bright until the "next" time.

I do not think it is a cable issue but rather a display issue. Please let me know if you think other wise.

Cheers

Joe

jackofalltrades

Appliance Tech
--->LG Microwave LMHM2017ST Repair Parts

You have to use a small putty knife or butter knife to pry the trim away on the inside of the door. The plastic trim piece that runs around the complete perimeter of the inside of the door. That's the hard part. After that it's pretty self explanatory once you see the door with the trim removed.