• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

FIXED LMV1762ST/01 LG Microwave works, but no heat

Luke99

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
3
Location
Chicago
Model Number
LMV1762ST/01
Brand
LG
Age
1-5 years
Hi,
Microwave works, but does not heat.
Only 1 year and 3 months old.
I have replaced switches, diode. Checked transformer, magnetron.
Magnetron seems ok when measured with multi-meter.
Relay shows 120V
120V comes to transformer, output is good.

What I have noticed is little burn on the connector to the magnetron.
When I disassembled Magnetron I noticed it had some brownish residue on the antenna
Should I replace the magnetron or it could be something different.
Thank you and appreciate your help
 

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
34,369
Location
Murray, Utah 84107, United States
It's probably the mag tube. Sometimes the tube will show less than 1Ω but opens when it's energized. If you have 120 VAC on the primary side of the HV transformer you can use the process of elimination using this diagram:
C-HV Testing.jpg
 

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
34,369
Location
Murray, Utah 84107, United States
I swear I put that part link in. Or maybe I didn't. Getting old sucks!
 

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
101,443
Location
McMullen Valley, Arizona
LOL, Join the crowd of 50 and older Rick, The golden years, LOL. That's the main reason I started ApplianceBlog back in 2004 I noticed my memory wasn't as good as in my 20's. I wanted to blog all my repairs so not to forget down the road, then everyone thought that was a good idea and joined in and the forum we use now was born.:)

Jake
 

Luke99

Premium Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
3
Location
Chicago
I've replaced the magnetron and the microwave started to work again.
Also I've replaced the switches and diode because they were cheap, so why not to change them.
Thank you for your help!!!
 
Top