• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake
  • Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LMV2073ST LG Microwave stopped heating and loud buzzing

watfordo

Premium Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2022
Messages
2
Location
Savannah, GA
Model Number
LMV2073ST
Brand
LG
Age
More than 10 years
My microwave stopped heating this morning and started making a loud buzzing sound at the same time.
LG LMV2073ST
I tried unplugging and plugging back in with no success.
Google searches suggest that it's often the magnetron, diode, or high-voltage capacitor that is causing the issue.
I removed the microwave from the wall.
I'm hoping for some troubleshooting help.
I've also been warned to discharge static electricity in the system before I touch anything.

What panels/screws can I remove to access the parts?
Is there a repair manual for this model?
Based on the symptoms I described, can I determine which part is bad?
Is it usually just one part that breaks at a time?

I'm grateful for any suggestions, and if I've posted incorrectly, please let me know so I can fix it.

Thank you
 

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
134,104
Location
Redmond, Oregon

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
134,104
Location
Redmond, Oregon
Anytime!

Jake
 
If you feel that you have benefited from this site, and would like to show your appreciation.
Top