• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LMX25964ST/02 LG Refrigerator - stopped cooling in both the refrigerator and freezer at the same time

Todd M

Model Number
LMX25964ST/02
Brand
LG
My refrigerator (LG Model LMX25964ST /02) stopped cooling in both the refrigerator and freezer at the same time. Additionally, the ice maker stopped freezing and melted causing a leak through the door onto the floor. I think this was due to the door being ajar, but not sure. It was fully closed when I saw after the problem. It seems to run fine the fan is running and cooling the coil. The compressor sounds good and not clicking, but is hot to the touch after running for a while. It does seem to continue to run; assuming from not cooling properly. I cleaned the compressor, coil and fan area completely. Also, I opened the control board compartment and toggled the test button. first push (1 beep - 3 times) everything continued running seemingly good. second push (2 beeps - 3 times) everything continued running seemingly good. third push (no beeps) everything shut down. I contacted many repair services, but no one wants to come out soon and/or at all on this LG refrigerator. What is the potential problem, and how do I go about verifying? Thank you for your help in advance!!!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Leave the machine plugged in and running. Remove the evaporator cover and take a pic of the frost pattern on the evaporator coils and post it here. Reinstall the cover.