• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LMX25964ST LG french door fridge not freezing and not getting above 50 degrees

ADAM in NJ

Premium Member
Model Number
LMX25964ST
Brand
LG
Any fixes??

Fans are working.....but compressor is hot.

Maybe throw in a start relay??

Found this thread from 2 yrs ago.....sounds like the same issue....

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Adam,

A extremely hot compressor is a sign the compressor has gone bad.

Check your owners manual warranty, some LG models have a 7-10 year parts warranty on the compressor.

A compressor start relay won't do any good, since the compressor is already running but not cooling properly.

Jake

ADAM in NJ

Premium Member
Btw Jake......if I cant find the receipt....any advice on dealing w LG for warranty....they should have info via serial # right??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, per the serial number of your refrigerator they will have that information.:)

Jake

ADAM in NJ

Premium Member
Found serial #.....it was manufactured in 2010, we purchased it in 2011, and the 7 yr compressor warranty ran out in 2018....figures!!

Any advice on a new purchase and who has the best warranty?? Just talked to a repairman and he said they are all basically garbage nowadays....just buy one the wife likes to look at...and expect to replace it sooner than later! Lol

Also.....shouldn't we steer away from ice maker/water dispenser models?? Seems like there is more to go wrong w them and we shud jus keep it simple??

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
All the techs here including myself recommend Whirlpool, Maytag, KitchenAid, Amana or Kenmore model number starting with 106 which is made by Whirlpool.

All those brands I just listed have much better built compressors than LG and Samsung.

I had a Maytag refrigerator I bought new in 1999 and it was still running great when I sold my Oregon house in 2014 to move to Arizona. Not a single problem.

Here in Arizona I bought the Kenmore model number starting with 106 which is made by Whirlpool in 2014, again not a single problem and it gets super hot here in the desert in summer and makes ice without a hitch.:)

Jake

ADAM in NJ

Premium Member
Awesome info Jake!!

Thanks a lot!!

My pal walked me thru checking compressor w a multimeter and its shot.

I will look into those 106 models that offer the French door for the wife to be happy! Lol

Thanks again!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Adam, sounds good.

Let us know what brand you get!

Jake

ADAM in NJ

Premium Member
UPDATE!!!

Found this article bout a class action lawsuit w LG compressors...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.digitaltrends.com/home/lg-refrigerator-class-action-lawsuit/%3famp

Called and complained to someone in China who said my 7 yr warranty expired...then asked for a supervisor and was transferred to someone in Thailand....then asked for another supervisor and finally was hooked up w Corey from Northern Alabama....who after chatting a bit, he knew the Bassmaster Classic was being held at Lake Guntersville in a few wks!! Knew he was a good fella!!

Needless to say.....the LG Tech came out and after 2.5 hrs of tinkering, pressure testing, and soldering ....a new compressor was installed AT NO COST!!!

Tech said to give him a call on his cell if we have anymore issues!!!

I'm speechless ...and I have a new respect for the LG appliance company!!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Adam, glad to hear that. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake