LMX25981ST LG Refrigerator no water or ice (yes I changed the filter)

Spiderman3k

Model Number
LMX25981ST
Brand
LG
Hello fellas.. The fridge was giving to me and I owned for 2 years and I never hooked it to the water supply until recently..
I set up a new water line, plenty of water pressure,
I changed the filter
But I can hear the humming and the electronic water valve (located it where the water from The house is coming in)
Turning on and off
Strange thing that the ice maker has an on and off button and the light at the ice bin compartment won't turn on to choose what size ice cubes (inside the fridge by the ice bin)
There is no water whatsoever.
I checked for water pressure and I do have water right before goes inside the door where the water dispenser and ice cube are, but something is going on at the actual door where all the magic happens..
Any advice will be highly appreciated it guys

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Try...To start the harvest cycle, press and hold the FILL KEY for 3 seconds. The icemaker will run thru: harvest –> fill –> ice making. The FILL KEY its located underneath the left side of your ice maker.

Here's the ice maker for your model:
AEQ36756901 Ice Maker Assembly

For the water to the dispenser and ice maker, its either the primary or secondary water inlet valve that's bad.

There are two water valves, primary and secondary. You're looking at the primary valve and water shouldn't have any water flowing through it unless the coil has 120 Volts AC. When voltage is applied the appropriate coil opens and water flows through the valve and through the water filter to the secondary valve. At the same time, voltage is also applied to the appropriate solenoid on the secondary valve. The secondary valve has one line in and two lines out, one for ice maker and one for dispenser.

Here's the service manual for your model: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzvgAyLTSh14dHpDNkRNc3h0TVE

Here's the primary water inlet valve that's in the back of your refrigerator(machine compartment):
AJU72992601 Water Valve Assembly

Here's the secondary water inlet valve that's in the front door:
5221JB2010G Water Valve

Let us know what you find.

Jake