• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LMX25985ST LG Ice Maker makes Ice Intermittently then Stops

Mike1995

Premium Member
Model Number
LMX25985ST
Brand
LG
Hello,

I have about a ten year old fridge- LG LMX25985ST. Recently I noticed the ice maker making more noise than usual when it dumped ice before filling the tray. The problem progressed to the point where it will make 1 or 2 trays of ice and then no longer fill the tray with water. It will do so if I reset the whole ice maker- will make about 1 or 2 trays and then same thing- stops and doesn't fill the tray. I went through all the troubleshooting- checked the temperate- not blockage of the arm, water line is good, etc. I am not sure what could be causing this except the maker just make be broken and worn out. My assumption is to purchase a new ice maker assembly. Before doing so, I wanted to ask the people here your opinion- does replacing the ice maker assembly sound like the solution. I would hate to purchase this part and still have the same problem- and it turned out I needed a different part. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
HI,

Yes, you are correct, The ice maker is starting to fail.

Here's the ice maker for your model you can order:
AEQ36756912 Ice Maker Assembly,kit

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Mike1995

Premium Member
Thanks- ordered a new assembly- installed it and all is working well. Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Excellent Mike, glad to hear the new ice maker fixed it.(y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake