• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LMXS27626D Leaking Water Filter New LG Refrigerator

Bunkers

Model Number
LMXS27626D
Brand
LG
Hello!,

I had this refrigerator installed 3 days ago. I noticed water on my top shelf. I took off the water filter casing and some water dropped down. It's a slow-ish leak. I'm getting about a teaspoon of water every 12 hours on shelf. I took out water filter and inspected the O rings. I see no damage or anything unusual. I re-seated filter and I still get small leaks during use. I also had a bypass water filter plug which I tried instead of the water filter and still slow leaks from middle of housing. I don't see any damage but I will say the housing feels loose, cheap and chintzy. I'm almost positive a new water filter won't fix it and this is a design flaw. I'm also wondering if slightly larger O rings instead of the manufactures would fix the problem? is this common? I'm not very happy and feel like this might not get resolved for a long time assuming this really is a design flaw. below is my filter type

Thank you

048231786188.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

The problem is a defect in the filter head: ADQ36011708 Filter Assembly,head

Since its new you have full warranty on it, contact LG at 800-243-0000 to come out to fix it for free.

Jake