• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LMXS30776S/00 LG Refrigerator error code E rF

Joshua L

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776S/00
Brand
LG
Receiving the following error code on my front panel.

E - next to refrigerator
rF - next to freezer

Any assistance to what this means andhow to repair would be greatly appreciated.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Joshua,

Error Code E rF= Refrigerator Fan Motor. Usually its a bad refrigerator fan motor, but to verify that you would volt test the power coming to it.

Here's the service manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o69um9xpjx9z8i/LMXS30776S.pdf?dl=0

Refrigerator fan motor testing is on page 50.

Here's the refrigerator fan motor for your model you can order, if you have the proper volts to it:

Here's the control board for your model:

Let us know how it goes.

Jake

Joshua L

Premium Member
Jake,

Thanks for the quick response and manual. Pretty good manual as far as the pictures and directions. I do have one question that you may be able to answer. How do you get to the PCB to take the V reading? I see a picture they have in there but can’t find it inside the fridge. Thank you again for your time.
Joshua

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Joshua,

The PCB is located in the back of the refrigerator. You will need to pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then you will see the cover that goes over it on the back of the refrigerator, just remove that cover and it will appear.

Jake

Joshua L

Premium Member
Jake,

I took the readings on the PCB. In accordance with the manual for the error I am receiving. I get 3.7-4V on pins 3 and 5 and I get 5V on pins 1 and 5. Does this mean the PCB is bad?

Josh

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does this mean the PCB is bad?
Yes Josh, bad PCB, because you should HAVE between 8-14 Volts between pins 3 and 5.

Jake

Joshua L

Premium Member
Well that sucks. I was thinking that but hoping otherwise. I can’t believe that thing didn’t even last 3 years. Have you ever replaced one of them? There are a ton of wires going to it. It seems as though they are all plugs and no soldering is required. I may have missed it in the service manual but I could not find the procedure for replacing the main PCB. I could find on on the Sub PCB and dispenser PCB but not the main.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I have replaced many of these boards over the years as a tech. It always fixes the ones I do for my customers.

Just make sure you take a photo of the PCB board before removing the wires, so you know where they go on the new PCB board.

Usually all control boards have plastic clip pins that support the board onto the back of the refrigerator, you just get needle nose pliers and push the clip pins in while pulling the board out.

Jake