LMXS30776S/01 Door Sensor

tmartin40

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS3077
Brand
LG
I have a LMXS30776S/01 refrigerator that is giving me fits. Started to notice it when the water and ice dispenser in the door stopped working. I began to troubleshoot and noticed that the door sensors were not working. The light stayed on when I closed the door and the door alarm kept going off. I know that if the door is open, the water and ice are disabled. I ordered replacement door switches and replaced all three (since I didn't know which one was bad) thinking this would resolve the problem. It did not. I have power cycled the fridge hoping that would help after replacing the switches but no luck. So now, even though I installed new switches, the water and ice dispensers still do not work, the ice maker is not making ice, and the circulating fan behind the air filter is not running. I cannot find anything online giving me other ideas. I called a repairman and he came to the house today. After scratching his head for about 30 minutes, he left and didn't charge me because he had no idea what the problem was. Please help if you have any ideas. :wall:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Its possibly the main control board that's gone south, those light switches/door sensors go through this board.

Here it is for your model: EBR78643401

Jake

tmartin40

Premium Member
Thanks Jake. I traced the wiring harness from the switch to a "case assy, PCB" on the top of the door. When I pulled it out, I didn't see any obvious signs of damage but it smelled like an electrical fire. I ordered a replacement for that. I have no idea if that will fix it but it will at least narrow it down. I thought about the main control board but if it went bad, wouldn't that also affect other things like cooling, etc.?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

So you ordered this one: EBR64730408

Here's it at RepairClinic with a photo of it: EBR64730408

I thought about the main control board but if it went bad, wouldn't that also affect other things like cooling, etc.?
Yes, but I'm sure it also controls that sub assembly board as well, I would need to see your schematic to be sure though.

Jake