• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LMXS30776S/02 CF error message

rison48

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776S/02
Brand
LG
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this. I purchased this refrigerator new 2 years ago this month. Everything was great up until November of 2017 when i received a E-IF (ice maker error). The technician came out and replaced the fan and the board which he told me was the correct thing to do. The refrigerator worked great for about 2 hours until I received a E-CF code. I called the tech back out and he ordered a new condenser fan and told me sometimes replacing the board will cause the old fans to go out.

Fast forward 3 months since a condenser fan motor for this model is impossible to find, home depot buys me out of my warranty. I find a used fan to attempt to fix this on my own. Fan arrives and I plug it in things sound really odd but at least it is cooling. 2 hours later I get the same error E-CF. I call the technician from before and he finally got the new motor in. I purchase the motor from him, only to get home and discover it is the same plug but a different design. Either way I plug it in and nothing happens. I think the new board he installed was faulty and is throwing a error. The Bottom freezer and drawers stay cold but the cooling section on top does not cool. I have ice but the ice maker and water are locked out when the error occors.... any suggestions? I unplugged and waited ten minutes, plugged in and hit the test button on the board. I can hear things functioning in the refrigerator. Is there a way to test the board to see if it is faulty? The new board the technician installed is a EBR78643401. Thank you in advance!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

rison48

Premium Member
I'm lost. I ordered a new pcb board, same thing. I found a service manual but it only says either replace the motor or the board, nothing I between. Is there anything between?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't understand what your saying.

Rephrase that question.

Upload that service manual too please.

Jake

rison48

Premium Member
Sorry, i was rather upset when i wrote that last entry. I have installed a new PCB board, new condenser fan motor and I continue to get the same CF error. I can't quite figure out my problem. I am trying to upload the manual you requested.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Yes, I need to see the manual first.

To upload it--->Just Click "Go Advanced" at the bottom right side of this Quick Reply editor that we type in, then you will see the MANAGE Attachments Button.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok,

Here it is: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9o69um9xpjx9z8i/LMXS30776S.pdf?dl=0

E CF starts on page 56.

You sent this message to me with that service manual:

I think i have the issue figured out, i tested the return voltage from the condenser motor and it is not giving the voltage the manual states it should.
It says Check the fan feedback voltage, Is the fan feedback voltage 0V, 5V?

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Does that mean the voltage should be 0V or 5V?
You know what, I really don't know either, LG and Samsung speak Korean and when they translate from Korean to English sometimes this happens where it doesn't make any sense.:disgust:

Because 0V or 5V does not make a lick of sense to me either. I always replace both the control board and condenser fan motor, because both have the same failure rate.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What is the part number of the condenser fan motor you replaced?

Here it is for your model: ACG75305802

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
EAU62863103 is the old part number, the new part number is ACG75305802.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, my bad, yes that's the condenser coil, not the condenser motor.

Here's the condenser motor for your model: EAU43120301

Here it is too at RepairClinic with a photo of it: EAU43120301

Jake