• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LMXS30776S/03 LG Refrigerator Water dispenser issue

Movnmik

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776S/03
Brand
LG
I've had a water dispensing issue for about a month . At first I thought it may be a blocked/frozen line so I r. ran a thin wire and no blockages. Ice maker works without problem. I took the panel covering the ice maker and water dispenser reservoir off and it was completely full with the ice maker working it leads me to believe the primary inlet valve at the back of the refrigerator isn't causing the issue. When I actuate the water dispenser I hear a hum but no water. So I concluded that it was the inlet valve in the door feeding the water and ice makers. So I bought a replacement MJX62831301 and installed it. The water dispenser worked for 1 or 2 actuations but then stopped. It couldn't be a bad valve. I then put the original valve in and it worked for 1-2 actuations.

Sum it up
- Ice maker producing ice
- Dispenser hums when actuated
- No ice blockages
- Swapped out inlet valve and works 1-2 times then stops.

What would be the next step? Buy a new controller board?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Mike

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Mike,

Actaully it is the primary water inlet valve, this fooled me as well, The same thing happened on a local service call in my area, and when I replaced the primary water inlet valve in the back of the refrigerator, that fixed it.:)

Here's the primary water inlet valve in the back of your refrigerator for your model:
AJU72992603 Valve Assembly,water

Jake

Movnmik

Premium Member
Jake, Thanks for the quick reply! Do you think it's the volume of water being called for? Since the Ice maker only uses a small volume at a time? Interesting. But you don't think its the power control board LG EBR64730408?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
What I would do is remove the plastic water line tubing from the primary water inlet valve, then put something to catch water underneath it, then have someone press the water dispenser lever and see how much water comes out of the primary water inlet valve directly.

Jake

Movnmik

Premium Member
So I replaced the main water inlet valve..still no water. It hums when I depress the water switch but nothing. I've swapped out the inlet valve that is located in the icemaker door and it make a difference. Hums when I depress the switch but no water. I did have an issue with the upper refrig fan and had to replace. The first fan was the wrong model and wasn't running so I had some areas of the top portion frozen. The indoor water filter was frozen. So I replaced with a new filter and still now water. I'm at a loss,

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, you will need LG to come out and see what's going on.

Jake

Movnmik

Premium Member
Jake is there a diagram/exploded view that shows the routing of the water line from the entry at the rear top to where it picks up in the filter compartment? The parts diagram doesn't show it

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Unfortunately not.

Jake