LMXS30776S Error Code E Rf

Aaron Redmond

Model Number
LMXS30776S
Brand
LG
Recently replaced main fridge and moved this model to another location. It sat unused for a few days, and we gave it a through interior cleaning and dried up a good deal of water that was sitting in the bottom of the freezer after a few days (I'm assuming due to unseen frost buildup that thawed.)

Once moved into final position, plugged it in and got the above error message after a few hours - not sure what to do, as other threads indicate frost issues. We're not seeing that in the main fridge area, nor were we prior to it sitting for a few days. Please help!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Aaron,

Error Code E Rf is a problem with your refrigerator fan motor.

Reset the unit by unplugging the unit for 5 minutes. Return power and wait for compressor to start.

Remove the control board cover and look for the reset button on the control board. Press the button one time to start test.

It will activate the cooling mode. Feel for any air flow blowing through the vents in the refrigerator. If not, pull the fan assembly out and check the motor for freedom of movement. If the motor is kinda sticking, replace the fan motor.

The fan is inside the refrigerator compartment. Pull all the shelves out and remove the rear panel to access the fan motor.

If everything looks ok, check the output at the control board. CON6 - 3rd pin and 5th pin for voltage. Should be 8-14 volts. If not, change the board: EBR78643401

If the board is ok, check the feedback line for 1 - 5 volts. CON6 1st pin and 5th pin. If no voltage, replace the fan motor: EAU61505014

Let us know what you find.

Jake

amrsd

I bought a used LMXS30776S, that gave me the E rf error few hours after the guy left at my house & went away.
I followed the service Manual, changed the fan (bought from ***********), few hours after installing it & the same error happened again (ErF), so I ordered the main board & installed it, unfortunately again the same issue appeared. This is driving me CRAZY, what else in the fridge can contribute to this issue. Appreciate your help ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
You'll need a multimeter to confirm which is the culprit.

That company where you got the fan motor from I've never heard of, and that's not a good sign. What did you pay for the fan motor?

Jake