• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LMXS30776S It has stopped cooling suddenly

lilzeus

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776S
Brand
LG
I have a very similar problem with my LMXS30776S, it has stopped cooling suddenly. Its possible a door was left slightly ajar over night. When I plug it in and put it into test mode and checked the voltages on CON6 3 and 1, their readings were 13v and 2.5v respectively. In test mode I feel cool air coming out of the vents for the fridge. How cold should it feel? Once test mode ends, everything shuts off. After a couple minutes a fan turns on and seems to stay on. However, if the doors stay closed a second fan kicks on but turns off when they're opened.
The Smart Diagnostics app says it can't find any problem.
Thanks for any help. :)

lilzeus

Premium Member
I just ran the test mode again and the air coming out of the refrigerator is not cold. The freezer air feels cool/cold but I can't measure it.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

You'll need to go to any local store in your area and buy a refrigerator/freezer thermometer so you can tell us what the temperature is in both sides.

The problem isn't your fan motor.:)

Jake

lilzeus

Premium Member
I've already done that. The freezer is up to 57 now, the fridge feels room temperature at this point.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok, Pull the refrigerator out from the wall, then remove the lower access panel and feel if the compressor is hot and vibrating, and see if the condenser fan motor that sits next to it is running.

Let us know.

Also look in the freezer at the back panel, and see if there is frost build-up on that or not.

I went on a LG service call today in Blythe, CA. and its doing the same as yours, his compressor was scorching hot and the condenser coil was room temperature and no frost build-up on the back panel inside the freezer.

So the diagnosis on his LG today was a bad compressor. He's going to Sears today and buying a new Whirlpool which I recommended he buy, as the compressors on these LG's have been very problematic!

Jake

lilzeus

Premium Member
Its the compressor. A repairman visited and could tell almost immediately by checking the voltage. He then checked the low side and it was far too high. Bad compressor. Cost: $450 :(
Thanks for helping.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry to hear that, I had a feeling it would be the compressor on yours too.

Jake