• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LMXS30776S LG 4-Door refrigerator not cooling below 50 degrees

ApplianceRepman

Premium Member
Model Number
LMXS30776S
Brand
LG
The issue I'm having with this refrigerator is that is doesn't go below 50 degrees on the refrigerator part. The freezer part also doesn't go below 37 degrees. I have checked all of the fans and they are working fine. I put the PCB in test mode and its also working fine. Any suggestions on what the problem might be? thank you.

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
It sounds like a refrigerant leak or partial system restriction. Seems to be a common issue with these models and involves connecting a set of refrigeration gauges to the sealed system and reading the pressures to diagnose the problem. There is a way for you to check. While the machine is running, remove the evaporator cover in the freezer section and check the frost pattern on the evaporator coils. You want to see a very, very light coat of while frost on all the coils from top to bottom and side to side. No frost or a partial frost pattern indicates a problem in the sealed system. The last one I checked was a refrigerant leak.

ApplianceRepman

Premium Member
Thanks for the info, I did find a restriction in the condenser. I removed the evaporator cover and noticed only half of the evaporator was covered in white frost. I guess I'm going to have to replace the condenser or try to flush it out. Thanks for the reply!

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
My apologies, most of the time I don't look at the username I just answer the question. I don't think you need to do anything with the condenser. You just need to change the drier and cut the cap tube back. Vacuum to 29 Hg then let the vacuum pump run for at least thirty minutes. If the condensor is blocked, disconnect both lines and blow it out with nitrogen (or 134a).