• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

FIXED LMXS30776S LG Refrigerator - not dropping ice

jryan15

Premium Member
I must admit, this experience has soured me somewhat. Our last fridge was a Whirlpool and was still going strong after 13 years. We did need to replace an ice maker at one point. It was a good fridge, but was black as our kitchen slowly migrates to stainless. We picked up the LG off F/B marketplace for a song so I can't complain too much. I've been blessed with patience to pour sweat equity into a purchase. But I digress...

I have good news to follow...

jryan15

Premium Member
GREAT NEWS!!! I think we found the culprit. A smashed pin in the top door connector. Bet it happened to the original owners after removing and reinstalling the doors to fit in their house. They had told us that they didn't use the ice/water panel so maybe they never knew. Still fantastic to find!!!

edit: I've started a fresh harvest cycle and will pray for ice to drop in a few hours!

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
I'm sure you nailed it! Good Job! I'm not sure about ice in a couple hours, I'd give it at least 24. What wire is that?

jryan15

Premium Member
It was all thanks to your guidance! So thankful to you and the site!

It was the red/yellow (actually looks more red/orange). It's one of the wires that goes to the IR sensors. I just repeated the sensor diagnostic test, and now it is reading correctly that the ice bin is empty. Hopefully all good now. I'll anxiously wait for ice to drop sometime in the next 20hrs.

It's frustrating that there isn't a good wiring diagram with a connector map describing all the connection points, locations, and wire color changes. I was even behind the water dispenser looking for wires. I found several matching wire colors but few had continuity. I figure there is another wire harness split behind the interior panel.

Attachments

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Excellent! You got it! I'm glad I could help my friend! Now, LG ice makers start slow but picks up after 3-4 dumps. Whirlpool is the same way. Don't panic if you only have 1 or 2 harvest cycles after 24 hours. I think I saw that in the manual also.