LNC6532A80 Norge Washing machine shaking/vibrating ptretty badly

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Model
LNC6532A80
Brand
Montgomery Ward
The machine has worked well for many years. Started shaking badly a week ago. I want to replace suspension rods, snubber ring, anything else? Can I get some help identifying parts? Thank you in advance.

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

All you need is the new snubber. I've replaced lots of these snubbers at Wards and Sears and it ALWAYS fixed that problem.

LNC is the Montgomery Ward version of the Norge.:)

Here's the snubber for your model(Video Included):
WP21002026 Snubber Ring

Watch the video in the part link and do everything exactly the way he does it.

Jake

AWSHandy

Premium Member
Well, that took some time. You have to take the whole machine apart to replace the snubber ring. So, I got it done and replaced the springs. The video says 6 springs, but there were only 3 and the old ones looked more heavy duty. I put it all back together and ran it. It ran fine during wash and rinse, then in spin it spun ok for several seconds then stopped and tripped the circuit breaker. I could small a burning small also.

I'm sure it did not run long enough to burn the coils. I hope. I took photos of the wiring before disassembly, but I think I attached a lead incorrectly.. Of course there was no wiring diagram.

HELP!! Any suggestions on where to find instructions on proper wiring? No connector...just spade terminals. I have a couple of photos. Again...only during spin was there an issue. Old machine...anybody out there who has resolved this? Jake?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Sorry, I have no wire diagram for this model.

Jake