• Please note, some of the links on our site are affiliate links (Learn More)

LNXC23726S LG ice maker not working

GlennDIY

Premium Member
Model Number
LNXC23726S
Brand
LG
I have a 2.5 yr old LNXC23726S. Ice maker worked fine until I pulled the ice bucket out to empty ice. After replacing, no more ice making. Reset button does not turn arm. Fill tube clear but no water comes out during reset test. Powered off for 30 min to reset with no change. Repeat and turn ice maker button on/off with no change. Checked temperature – goes down to minus 3.6 on minus 4 setting. Water filter good, pressure 68 psi, and cold water flows. Loosened ice maker screws to shake it up/down a few times – no change. Used hair dryer to thaw ice maker and recycle power – no change. My question: Is my ice maker bad, or could it be something else that went bad to not make the arm turn when I push the reset button in the hole? Where might I find a service manual? Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Glenn,

Here's the ice maker for model:
AEQ73130004 Ice Maker

I couldn't locate the tech. data sheet or service manual either. Hopefully another tech does and can post here for us.

Try this: Make sure the icemaker switch is turned on.

Press and hold the ice maker test button down till the tray starts to move. Then release. It should turn completely over as if it were dumping ice, then it will refill with water and then return to the normal position. Give it up to 24 to 72 hours for it to start making ice on its own.

If it still does not make ice on its own, The problem is possibly the control board:

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Glenn, sounds good. Let us know what happens.

Jake

GlennDIY

Premium Member
Hey Jake - I replaced the ice maker with the part you recommended. Ice maker still does not function. Pushing in the reset pin does not turn the tray. Do you recommend I change the control board next? What's the part number?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

GlennDIY

Premium Member
Jake, was just about to purchase the Pcb assembly, then found out there's another board on top of the fridge door. It has ebr76468402 printed on it but I could not find any info online anywhere. Is this some sort of a sub PCB, and could it be the problem, or should I change out the main PCB first?

Attachments

• IMG_20201023_140128.jpg
    IMG_20201023_140128.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 8

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member