FIXED Location of temp. sensors in GE bottom freezer refrig. PFS22SISBSS

LisaSchiske

Premium Member
Model Number
PFS22SISBSS
Brand
GE
Hello!!

We have GE Profile bottom freezer refrigerator. It seems to be running 24/7 and won't cool down to the set temps. of 37 and 0. We hover around 45 and 5. We have cleaned the coils and underneath the refrigerator. We have replaced the capacitor and relay start 6 months ago when the refrig. Start making a loud clicking noise. We have replaced the mother board after the fridge was only 2 years old. I thought for sure we were ready for another mother board.....but that didn't help. Temp. Sensors are my next guess. Not sure we're they are located though any help finding them and dismantling would be much appreciated!!

Thank you,
Lisa

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi Lisa,

I have a excellent video for you to watch from Shawn, he explains everything thoroughly for ohm testing all your thermistors and he shows you where they are located.

Unplug the refrigerator first, then ohm test all the thermistors with a multimeter.

Here's the thermistors for your model, all your thermistors use this same part number:
WR55X10025 Temperature Sensor

Let us know what you find.

Jake

LisaSchiske

Premium Member
Good mornin!! I watched the video, it was very helpful, thank you! We are wondering how you take the cover of the temperature sensor? Also, I thought I had marked that I wanted email notification when a reply was made on my posting, but I didn't receive an email when you answered my question on Wednesday. Thank you so much for helping us, sorry it took so long to get back to you!

Lisa

LisaSchiske

Premium Member
Sorry, one more question....I only can find the one sensor on the top of the refrigerator by the back, where would the second one be found and the one in the freezer?

Thank you!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Everything looks fine on this end Lisa, you should be getting reply emails, check your spam or junk box too.

So you found all the thermistors?

Jake

LisaSchiske

Premium Member
Hey!! Yeap found the sensors but we can't figure out how to the cover off to expose the sensor? Looks like my emailing is working now, I am getting notices.

Thank YOU!

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Use a small flathead screwdriver and the thermistor sensor cover prys off.

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Glad to help Lisa, keep us posted.

Jake

LisaSchiske

Premium Member
Here is our story....😂. About 5 weeks ago the 'said was running all the time'. We watched it for a few days, temps. were 'ok'. My husband ended up shutting the frigerator down and he cleaned the coils very good! Plugged back in 30 minutes later and ....still refrigerator never shut off. And then slowly temps were getting wacky. We checked everything...mother board, temp sensors and everything was reading fine. My husband suggested we unplug the refrigerator for a few days and let it defrost and cool down. So we did......just plugged it in again Sunday and low and behold......temps are right were they should be and the refrigerator isn't running as much!! Whew, woo!!!

Thanks so much for all of your help!
Lisa

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Lisa, sounds good. (y)

Thanks for the update!

Jake

LisaSchiske

Premium Member
We might have to take away the word 'Fixed'!! 😆Temps were on the rise yesterday and this morning!! The back of the freezer is all iced over on the inside and refrigerator was running constantly. Going to investigate the evaporator thermistor. How do I get to it? I saw a couple videos on YouTube but they are not like our GE Profile French Door PFS22SISBSS. I am just trying to keep a 12 year old refrigerator out of the dump!! Our 25 refrigerator in the basement is 'saving ' us again!!

Lisa

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Lisa, This GE is made by LG I believe, so you'll need to watch this video below to get access to the evaporator thermistor in the freezer.

Also take a photo of your evaporator coil in the freezer, I need to see the frost pattern on it.

Jake

LisaSchiske

Premium Member
Hey Jake!

Here are the photos. The fan does work. The harness on top of the coils was just sitting there as the photo shows. Thinking we need to wire tie that. My husband would like to order the thermistor, he is thinking that might be the problem. I am wondering if the heating element isn't working? Then we took the covers off the other thermistors and they almost seem impossible to untuck.....they are snug in their homes unlike the one above the coils in the freezer.

Attachments

LisaSchiske

Premium Member
I found a video of our exact same refrigerator ......GE Profile ........https://youtu.be/0vyhYXu7BhA

Attachments

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
I don't see any frost on your evaporator coil, was the compressor and fans running before you took it apart?

Put the evaporator cover back on loosely, then let it run a few hours then remove the evaporator cover and snap a photo of the evaporator coil, I need to see the frost pattern.:)

Jake

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

LisaSchiske

Premium Member
Yikes ...I can be a dope at times! 😂 We are waiting for the new temp. Sensor to be delivered on Friday. I will take a picture of the frost if things are fixed after the temp. sensor installation. Right now, the freezer including door and all has been disassembled from the freezer ...it is all sitting in my back sunroom😁

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Ok Lisa, keep us posted.

Jake