Looking for a new fridge

ay221

Premium Member
Currently I have a side-by-side Kenmore cold spot. The only problem I ever had with it was a couple of times water didn't want to come out of the dispenser. I rigged my vacuum cleaner to cleanly help suck on the water dispenser and that did the trick. Been some years since I had that problem now.

I bought new appliances and now I'm looking for a stainless steel fridge.
I read all these problems on the board and wonder if I should just get a simple refrigerator to avoid future problems.

Two totally different models are

Kenmore 19.0 cu. ft Top Freezer with internal water
<small> Item# <!-- mp_trans_disable_start --> 04679013000 | <!-- mp_trans_disable_end --> Model# <!-- mp_trans_disable_start --> 7901 </small>
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

Kenmore Elite 23.3 Side By Side
<small> <!-- mp_trans_disable_end --> Model# <!-- mp_trans_disable_start --> 5137, </small><small>Item# <!-- mp_trans_disable_start --> 04651373000</small><small> </small>
Sears: Online department store featuring appliances, tools, fitness equipment and more

And then one cheaper with just an ice maker and no led lights, but great energy efficiency.
Frigidaire 20.5 cu. ft. Top Freezer
Model #:LGUI2149LF

I kind of like the side by side, but if I get fewer problems I might go with the top freezers. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member

ay221

Premium Member
Thanks. I will look into the whirlpool ones. I wish there was an easy way to determine who the manufacturer is of a Kenmore appliance by looking online. My current refrigerator is a Kenmore made by Whirlpool.