Looking for Information on a 1949 L&H Range

98taco3

Hows it going guys? Just purchased a 1949 L&H Automatic Electric Range and am having a heck of a time finding any information on it at all. Ive found a few advertisements but thats about the extent of the info out there on them.

I am hoping to find a copy of a schematic as the one on my stove is not 100% readable. Also, Anyone have a copy of an owners manual or anything at all describing operation?

Is L&H a fairly common brand to come across or is this an oddball? Any parts sources for these ranges?

Its in really nice original condition, must have been in a cabin somewhere here in CO as its barely used. The wiring within it is in excellent condition but I am going to rewire it anyways. It even still has the Deep well pot with it!

Any advice or info would be great!

20161003_181526_zpsieeto2ce.jpg

Jake

Appliance Tech - Admin
Staff member
Hi,

Good photo! Looks like New!

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate the wiring diagram schematic or owners manual, I did find more discussion on this stove here: What is L&H?

You might want to join that forum and ask in that thread.:)

Jake

NVcowgirl

I have the same stove as the one shown below, late '40s L&H electric range. The oven element stays on and overheats. L&H became Thermador in the 1950s, if that is any help. I need someone versed in vintage range repair in the Lake Tahoe/Reno area.
If the original poster, 98taco3, is still on the forums, perhaps he/she has info?