Looking for new Dishwasher

strongson

Premium Member
We got Samsung to reimburse us for the dishwasher we bought through Sears.
1) it would not clean well. dried on food left. 2) long cycle times 3) caught on fire.
We liked the samsung since it was so quiet and easy to load.

We had 4 repairmen out until one determined there was a fire that damaged some seal and we had
water leaking out the bottom for months.

I looked at consumerreports.org however their reviews seem to be nullified by reading CR subscriber reviews and Sears customer reviews.

If you were to buy a built in (white) dishwasher today that had average to above average quietness, cleaned the dishes, and lasted what makes/models would they be. We would like to keep the cost of the dishwasher itself to less than 400 however we could go up to 600. Prefer to purchase through Sears or Lowes.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated. We have been without a dishwasher now for 2 months.

Thanks
bg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Whirlpool and Maytag would be my picks. All dishwashers usually have a sound blanket over them however, metal tubs are quieter than plastic tubs.

wildimaginations

Appliance Tech
Go into the store and determine what you could afford and what works well for you. After making your decision, ask for the name of a local authorized servicer in your area. Check to see how quickly they will answer your call. If you can't get a hold of the servicer now, think of what service will be like when you actually need it. You can ask questions like, what kinds of problems can you expect or how often do you service this brand.

I always tell customers that all machines will work well. But sometimes, something will come up and needs to be addressed. It would be good to know that there is a servicer available to help you quickly when you need it.

Hope this helps.