• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

Jake

Looking for turn table coupling for Sharp Carousel Microwave

theripster

Premium Member
Model Number
R-409YKA
Brand
Sharp
Basically the title says it all. I have a Sharp Carousel Microwave that is about a year old. I am looking for the small coupling that the plate sits on and couples to the motor to turn the plate. No matter where I go and type in my model number it draws a blank. If anyone can help me locate on I sure would be a happy camper.

theripster

Premium Member
I guess that's the next step, although I'll be honest with you. Some of the ones on your list had a price between 25 and 30 bucks. The whole darn microwave only cost 89 dollars. Plus tax of course.

theripster

Premium Member
Well I actually found one on Amazon. It was listed as "Daewoo KOR-1816 Microwave Turntable Coupler" It had a picture and the numbers matched what I had. So I ordered it and it was a perfect match. Now I look, and it is no longer available. Lucky me. Sharp said they never had the part and offered me a replacement microwave for 20 bucks. Well of course I took them up on their offer too. sometimes good things really happen.