Looking for vintage part for a Hotpoint Range model 108RF 19E

Brianswensen

Premium Member
I'm looking for a vintage infinite switch for a Hotpoint range. It is for a 6" burner. I've attached a picture of the model number since it is really hard to read. The switch is a little different than the anything I've seen, as it has seven wires connected to it.

6167-12 is written on the switch, as well as 327913

Thanks for your help!

Brian

Range1.jpg Range2.jpg Range3.jpg

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
The switch is a little different than the anything I've seen, as it has seven wires connected to it.
Your surface element is a three wire element. It's actually two separate elements/coils with a common connection. The inner coil uses 120 VAC for Low/warm. On High the outer coil uses 220 VAC and the inner uses 120 VAC. Finding that exact switch is probably going to be next to impossible. Do your internet search with these keywords; GE surface unit switch for three wire element. You may get lucky.

However there's an easier way. Use a universal infinite switch kit and change your element into a two wire element by connecting the other two coil ends together. When you buy a new element the metal jumper comes with it. I don't believe you can purchase it separately so you may need to make one. Here's a diagram of a new element showing the metal jumper:
metal jumper.jpg
Here's a diagram how to convert it to a 2 wire element.
3 WIRE TO 2 WIRE.jpg

Here's a universal infinite switch:
WB21X5243 Surface Unit Switch Kit