• ** REMEMBER! **The microwave can still shock you even unplugged!!

    ALWAYS discharge the high-voltage capacitor first if you even think your hands will come close to any HIGH VOLTAGE components.

    Jeff mentions this: Anything in the high voltage ( magnetron, capacitor, diode, wires to and from ):
    ...Use a metal ( not the shiny chrome type ) screw driver with a insulated handle to short across ( touch both at the same time ) the terminals of the high voltage capacitor to discharge it.

    From Jeff's site: http://www.applianceaid.com/component-testing.php

    Jake

Lost power

kld2246

Member
Joined
Jun 23, 2011
Messages
1
Location
Yorba Linda
Model Number
general
Brand
-major brand-
Age
1-5 years
Here is the story. My girlfriend was cooking something on the stove so she decided to use the Microwave as a timer!! Not good so she turned the micowave on for 6 minutes. She came back into the kitchen and no more power. Nothing worked. Inside was a piece of a paper napkin that was 1" x 8" and it turned into ashes.

We tried plugging the cord into another outlet but nothing will turn on.

Any idea.
 

rickgburton

Appliance Tech - Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 11, 2006
Messages
34,652
Location
Murray, Utah 84107, United States
There are several thermal fuses in microwaves designed to fail when something like that happens.
 
Top